Sunday, August 30, 2009
Haven't lost my mind...yet
okay, that last post was a little weird, I admit. But it was written at 3 in the morning after I'd been awakened for the 4th or 5th night in a row by unbelievably itchy mosquito bites. We have a fan blowing full blast in our room and somehow they still manage to get us! I had a long conversation with the incredibly friendly woman who cleans our house yesterday, and she explained that the mosquitos have, indeed, gotten a lot more virulent in the past few weeks and that they will be here until DECEMBER!!! Today we are going to town in search of mosquito nets for all the beds. Even Art is covered with bites, a phenomenon never before observed in our 14.5 years of marriage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good look with the mosquitoes! We've had a very mild mosquito season in Atlanta this year.
ReplyDeleteSaw this (http://www.accessatlanta.com/atlanta-events/mingei-import-shop-promoting-127816.html) in the AJC today, thought you might enjoy. It's a gift shop in Decatur (participating in this weekend's book festival) that is helping build a library in La Union Tejalapam.